This is a very short list of easy and FREE (yay) ways to advertise your dance class. It’s important to get enough people in the class to run it. After classes are established there are definitely other ways to build and retain customers but these are basics that are quite easy to initiate.
1. When you write an ad for your classes be sure to include detailed information
• Time, date, location and contact email or phone number
• Include a call to action (ex: Call xxx-xxxx to sign up)
• Post often. Most people make a first contact after seeing an ad 5-7 times! You have to be patient and persistent.
2. Facebook, Twitter and Instagram are free advertising platforms that are highly effective.
• Fresh posts are better than shared.
• Pictures with text are most effective
• Tag yourself in posts with pictures as it will reach more of your network. If on Instagram tag your studio and the city you live in.
• Post at times when a lot of people are online (ex: weekend mornings before 11am, and Sunday evening, weekdays around 11 or 12pm, 3pm and then again post-dinnertime around 7-10pm).
• Ask friends with different networks (non dancers in Toronto) to share your posts.
3. Online Advertising is also a free way to advertise your classes
• Look for likeminded message boards and sites such as dance (non BD) enthusiasts, pregnancy groups and even yoga communities may very well be interested in trying new classes outside of their practice.
• Craigslist, local online zines and Kijiji etc (include pictures and as much information as possible)
4. Your Friends and Colleagues
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/8699838